Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID); with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims as well as wider overseas interests; supporting excellence in UK higher education, and also sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Course to study: Not specified
Aim and Benefits:
Purpose: To contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training; for skilled and also qualified professionals in key development areas.
Intended beneficiaries: High-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries; who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study; and furthermore have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Also be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Documents Required for Application:
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 04 May 2020 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Also,Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system.