The scholarship allows Masters, Short Training level programm(s) in the field of Peace Studies, conflict resolution taught at Duke University; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, International Christian University Japan, University of Bradford; University of Queensland, Uppsala University, Chulalongkorn University; Makerere University.
Since the program began in 2002, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 1,300 fellows; who now work in more than 115 countries. Many serve as leaders in governments, NGOs; the military, education, law enforcement, and international organizations; like the United Nations and the World Bank.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2020.
Eligible Countries: International Students.
Type: Masters, Short Training.
Master’s degree programs: Accepted candidates study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching; and a diverse student body. The programs last 15 to 24 months; and include a two- to three-month field study, which participants design themselves.
Professional development certificate program: During the one-year program, experienced peace and development professionals; with diverse backgrounds gain practical skills; to promote peace within their communities and across the globe. Fellows complete field studies, and they also design and carry out a social change initiative.
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
- Take the eligibility quiz.